Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hartford (Half) Marathon 10-8-2010

October 8th finally came, and I didn't die. I even finished the race, all 13.1 miles of it. My friend, Crystal Adams, ran it with me, and I couldn't have done it any other way. It was so great to have someone to talk to and support/be supported by. Those last two miles were the longest 2 miles of my life, and I'm glad I didn't have to run them alone.

Another miracle of the day: Shayne was able to get all 4 boys to downtown Hartford in time to participate in the kid races at 9:30am. That might be more amazing than 13.1 miles. I'm so proud of my boys, and excited that they all want to be runners too!



Asher




Miles




Dallin




Jason







Dallin was the first to give me a victory hug




Crystal and I, really tired






The arch that we got to run through just before the finish


3 comments:

  1. The kids races look a lot more organized. Last year they had them running around cones in field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! WAy to go Sara. Connecticut is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with all that running! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete