Dallin and Jason waiting for the Kindergarten hunt. Jason's friend Nathaniel was there too.
Asher waiting for the Preschool hunt with his friends Evan, Anna, and Ammon (behind the bucket!)
The 3rd & 4th grade hunt was in the woods! Miles is wearing green, in the middle somewhere.
Marin didn't hunt, but she had fun watching.
The kids hunted for plastic eggs, which were empty (odd, I know.) Some of the eggs had numbers on them. After the hunt, the kids exchanged their numbered eggs for Easter baskets. All the baskets had candy and a stuffed animal of some kind or book. Every kid only got to exchange one numbered egg, so if you didn't find a numbered egg, they gave you a basket that no one else had claimed. Jason was SO upset that he didn't find a numbered egg. He cried and cried, and was sure he would get nothing. I took him up to the kindergarten table and told the volunteer that he hadn't found an egg. "Oh," she said, and looked around a little. "Would you like this?" she said, and pulled out a GIANT stuffed dog with a bag of candy around his neck. Jason's eyes got huge, and he couldn't say anything. "I think he would love that, thank you," I said, and took it for him. I was so excited that my sweet little boy who thought he would get nothing, came home with a giant dog. The best part was that all of his brothers here happy for him, NOT jealous!
Marin was so excited about her Easter basket.
Doesn't she have the coolest crazy morning hair?
Jason tried to keep her from eating the candy (which was only there so that all the baskets were the same, and was really for Mom and Dad), but was unsuccessful.
Everybody looked for their baskets in the morning, since it was General Conference and we didn't have church. Actually, they all found their baskets before Shayne and I were even out of bed. Everyone but Miles, that is. He's a late sleeper. We re-hid the baskets so that Miles wouldn't be the only one looking when he got up. Dallin, Miles and Jason got Lil' Webkinz because their accounts were about to expire, and Asher got a little stuffed dog that he picked out himself. That's what he gets for being the only boy home with me all day.
The boys dyed eggs during the first session of conference (better late than never, I guess.) After that, we went to our new friends', the Wilkersons, for dinner and the second session.
No comments:
Post a Comment