Everybody wanted a picture with the birthday girl in the morning.
Doesn't she have great morning hair?
The cake! I've been preparing for years for this day. When it actually came, I wished I had prepared even more! I suppose I have many more doll cakes to come.
Birthday pizza
Dallin arranged the table for her. I guess he needed the puffs and sippy cup for artistic balance.
The day before, I had finished making 24 tissue paper flowers for New Beginnings, so Jason helped me finish these for Marin's party decorations. I don't want to make another flower for at least a year!
She loved her gifts. Jason picked out a book that makes sounds, and of course we got her a doll. After opening them, she would scream whenever anyone else touched them.
At first, Marin just massaged the cake. I guess she liked the way it squished between her fingers. After I put the pink goo on a plate for her, though, she realized that it tasted pretty good.
Her birthday was a week and a half ago, and we still haven't taken the decorations down. No one has even suggested it. We had such fun celebrating our sweet Marin's big day, but it still makes me sad to remember it. I can't believe the first year is over, our very last "first year." I think that everyone feels that a little, and is in no hurry to move on.
No comments:
Post a Comment