In March, the kids had a day off school for a teacher work day. Teacher work days are the ONLY days one should attempt a museum of any kind with children. Weekends and vacation days are too crazy crowded. So, that day we decided to go to the Yale Peabody Natural History Museum. It's only about an hour away, and free with our museum pass, so it seemed like a good pick. I should say that
I decided to go. The kids just wanted to stay home and play video games. They whined that I ruined all of their days off by dragging them to museums. Gee, I'm such a mean mom. It ended up being a blast because the place was nearly empty and they could look at whatever they wanted. On a crowded day, a bunch of spears in a glass case might be pretty dull, but the boys loved looking at all the different shaped tips and intricate designs. The giant dinosaurs were pretty cool too! They even loved looking at the Lyme Disease exhibit with it's football sized tick and mosquito models, and the model of Machu Pichu (because they've seen Shayne's pictures.) It was definitely a successful trip on my own with 5 kids.





Miles loves rocks, especially geodes!

The whole time, Asher wanted to go up to the second level to get a closer look at the giant squid. Of course, we didn't go see it until the end, and it was much cooler to see if from the bottom after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment