I have to admit that there are a lot of pictures of Marin. It's the first year I've had a princess in the family. Can you blame me? I decided to make Marin's costume entirely out of fabrics I already had, since I've been stock piling girl fabrics for years. Also, this is Marin's idea of "smiling for the camera" I'm not sure how squatting and squinting have anything to do with it, but it's her thing.
Below is a picture of Marin and Eli Redd. Eli is wearing the lion costume I made for Dallin when he was a year old.
Dallin was dead set on being a candy bar for Halloween this year. He wanted to be a Nestle Crunch Bar, but he didn't tell me that until after I'd bought the fabric for the Hershey Bar. Thank goodness, he was okay with it.
Asher, my little knight, also made from fabrics I already had.
Jason doesn't like change when it comes to Halloween costumes, so he was a skeleton, again, for the 3rd year. Before that he was a dalmatian for 3 years in a row. At least he's chosen more than one costume. It's progress, trust me.
Miles wanted to be a black phantom, so I found him this great costume that came with a gigantic skeleton mask and a gigantic hood to go over it. He hated it, so I relegated the mask to Halloween decor, and cut the hood smaller to fit his head. As we were getting in the car to go to the ward party, Miles realized that he left his hood at school. A phantom just isn't' a phantom without a hood. So as Shayne got everybody into the car, I grabbed some black fabric from my stock pile and sewed him a hood. Finally, all this fabric is coming in handy!
This picture didn't turn out well, but I wanted to show how sweet Miles was helping Marin play the games at the party. He's such a wonderful big brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment