Sunday, January 23, 2011

The First Great Kindness of 2011

I don't have a cute picture to go along with it, but I had to put in this ground breaking event at our house. Last Monday, Civil Rights Day, I took two of the kids out shopping with me. When we stopped at the video game store for Dallin to get some virtual pokemon something-or-other, Jason noticed a video game that Miles had wanted for Christmas but did not receive. Jason had been saving for a bird for forever, and ended up with much more than he needed (especially since the bird ended up being on sale.) So, he wanted to buy the game for his brother. "Are you sure?" "Yes, I'm sure." He spent every last penny of his savings, and was so excited to give it to Miles when we got home. Not once since then has Jason expressed any regret for having spent all of his money. Dallin dubbed it "The First Great Kindness of 2011," and I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment